Well, it's been over two whole weeks since I have posted! I was in Texas for 10 days visiting my daughter, son-in-law and three munchkins! I had a fun time running around with the little ones, being there for the first day of kindergarten, going out to lunch with my daughter, shopping, touring the science museum, feeding ducks at the park, and just hanging out! Thanks Y'all:) for a good time! XO
When I returned home, the night before the Daring Bakers reveal, I was all set to make the pound cake for the challenge and in the middle of baking, my oven apparently died. I let the cake bake for 30 minutes (25 min. was called for), and when taken from the oven, the edges were all baked, but the rest of the cake was soupy! :(
The oven has been finicky for awhile(and already fixed a few times), but it's now time for a new oven! Hopefully I'll find one by the weekend.
With the oven down, I thought this would be the perfect time for a GIVEAWAY(which is open to everyone)! Here's the loot (All new and unused and pictured above):
- Williams-Sonoma cookbook: Sweet Treats, 25 Delicious recipes That Kids Can Cook (Beautiful step-by-step photos on every page, including the finished treat.)
- Williams-Sonoma Circus Cookie Cutters(Can you tell I love Williams-Sonoma?) I made some cookies with mine.
- Three treat-themed mini erasers (very popular right now) and
- Food Tattoos (flowers) by Mary Engelbreit (Includes 8 edible images)*
1. For one chance, leave a comment
2. For a second entry, become a follower(with "google friend connect" in the right- hand column) and leave a second comment letting me know. (If you already are a follower, also leave a second comment and let me know.)
The giveaway will end on Tuesday, September 7th at 7p.m., Pacific Standard Time. The winner will be chosen by random.org, and will have 24 hours to respond before a second winner is chosen. Please leave a link to your blog (which lists your email address), or leave your email address in the comment section so that I may notify you if you are the winner. Good Luck! Giveaway has ended!
I had these round sugar cookies(and some others also) in the freezer (which came in handy with a broken oven) and decorated them with some Mary Engelbreit Food tattoos.
It's so simple! I iced the cookies with vanilla buttercream, placed the tattoo on each cookie and then framed the edge of the tattoo with more icing.
I really like the results!
They taste great too!
Simple and sweet!
Best of Luck to all of you and have a great week!
I've linked this Giveaway to Tidy Mom's "I'm Lovin' it Fridays."
* I found these tatoos at Michael's craft store.