I used the play dough cookie recipe that I have used a couple of times before. It's a soft bite and a tasty cookie.
Play Dough Cookies (adapted from allrecipes.com)
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 ounces cream cheese
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* red and blue food coloring
1. In the electric mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms. Divide dough into thirds. Tint one portion red and another portion blue. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Roll out the red dough and cut with round cookie cutter(mine was 3 1/2 inches) to make a "pie". Pinch off some of the plain dough and roll into a rope for the "crust". Place it around the edge of the red "cherry" disc, and flute. Use another portion of the red to make small dough balls for the "cherries". Do the same with the blueberry pie cookies.
4. Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Makes about 10-12 (3 1/2 inch ) pie cookies.
Tidymom's I'm Lovin' It Fridays
Inspiration Friday At the Picket Fence
Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green.