1 box of brownie mix (Prepare as directed. Cool completely)
8 oz. of prepared cream cheese frosting
14 oz. bag of candy melts (I used half chocolate, 1/2 vanilla)
lollipop sticks (about 4 dozen)
block of styrofoam (to hold drying pops)
1. Put prepared brownies in a large bowl, and break up into small crumbs with your hands(clean of course).
2. Add the frosting and mix well, either with your hands, or a sturdy large spoon. If you need a bit more frosting to hold it together, go ahead, but not too much.
3. Roll the mixture into balls (about 1 1/2 inches) and place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours, or place in freezer for 15 minutes. You want them chilled, but not frozen. (I actually froze my unfrosted brownie balls in an airtight container and thawed them when I was ready to make them into pops, days later.)
4. Place the candy melts in a small, deep ( big enough to hold all the melted candy, but deep enough to dip the pops) microwave-safe bowl and follow the directions on the bag for melting.
5. Dip a lollipop stick about 1/2- inch into the candy melt and then insert it directly into the brownie ball, no more than halfway in(this helps the pop adhere to the stick).
6. Holding it by the stick, dip the brownie ball into the melted coating until it's completely covered (use a spoon if need be), all the way to where the brownie meets the stick.
7. If there's too much coating on your pop, hold the brownie pop in one hand and use the other hand to gently tap the first wrist, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Try to make the coating even all the way around.
8. If decorating, add sprinkles at this point.
9. Stick the brownie pop into a block of styrofoam.
10. Repeat with each brownie pop and let them dry completely.
Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for a few days. You may also cover the pops with treat bags, tied with ribbon, and leave them in the sryrofoam block on the counter.
Linked to these parties:
Sweets for a Saturday
Weekend Wrap Up Party
I'm Lovin it Fridays
Patriotic Project Parade