Though I have never blogged about these bars, they're one of our very favorite treats, dangerously so! I simply can't make them too often, unless they're earmarked for someone else, otherwise my husband and I will eat them in short order:) To top it off, they are literally ready for the oven in 5 minutes!
The Old St. Angela Inn" as our Bed & Breakfast of choice for lodging. We discovered these very tasty bars in the guest's cookie jar, and were instantly smitten! The inn had a cookbook for sale which included these bars, so I was happy:)
Don't let the unassuming look of these bars fool you; between the texture and the almond extract with the berry jam, they pack a powerful and delicious punch!
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup berry jam (I used my homemade strawberry jam)
1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
Combine all ingredients except jam and almond extract. Pat half of the mixture into prepared pan. Mix jam and almond extract. Spread over oat mixture. Pat other half of oat mixture on top.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until light golden brown. Cut into bars when cool.
1. Joan, Chocolate Chocolateand More - Lemon Blueberry Pound cake2. Charity, Foodlets – Strawberry - Banana Popsicles
3. Jamie, Green Beans & Grapefruit - Mixed Berry & Cookie Butter Clafouti4. Hani, Haniela’s – Red Currant Meringue Cake
5. Katrina, In Katrina’s Kitchen - Frozen Blueberry Basil Lemonade Pies6. Sue, MunchkinMunchies - English Matrimonials
7. Bia, Rich and Sweet - Blueberry Blackberry Orange Streusel Scones8. Sam, SamsKitchen - Eton Mess Mini Cheesecakes
9. Sherron, Simply Gourmet Photography - Mulberry Syrup10. Ann, Sumptuous Spoonfuls - Strawberry Chia Jam
11. Karen, TrilogyEdibles - Meringue Nest with a Bumbleberry Compote
THANK YOU berry much, Hani! :)
Linked to:I'm Lovin' it Fridays