A couple of weeks ago, there was a thread started on a facebook page (Cookie Cutter B/S/T) regarding my original Funny Bunny Cookies. The poster included my photo and asked what she could use to make the cookies, other than a template (which I made/used). There were a few great suggestions offered, including a pumpkin cutter and a number 8 cutter.
I thought it would be fun to make more funny bunny cookies implementing the suggestions, and added a couple of my own, using common cookie cutters.
I present to you...Funny Bunnies Four Ways
Left to Right:
1. Heart cutter
2. Pumpkin cutter (with stem removed)
3. Round cutter (2 dough circles set side by side)
4. Number 8 cutter
As you can tell, these cookies are simple to make and don't require a special cutter.
I added a stick to some of them (as in the original), but also made some without, which is even easier:)
Another change is the pink gumball noses (Celebration shimmer gumballs, 1/2-inch, from Sweet Works). Love them!
Which Funny Bunny do you like the best?
Funny Bunny Cookies
Black edible marker
Cookie sticks (optional)
1. Mix up a batch of cookie dough, and roll out 3/8-inch thick.
2. Use your cookie cutter of choice to cut out the cookies and place on baking sheet.
3. Bake according to recipe. Let cookies cool.
4. Mix up a batch of royal icing (reserving some to adhere the noses)
5. Outline and fill the cookies with the icing (reserve some to adhere the noses, later).
6. Let icing dry completely, overnight if possible.
7. Use the edible marker for the facial details.
8. If making cookie pops, use some royal icing to adhere the stick to the back of the cookie and let dry.
10. Add the gumball noses with royal icing. Let dry.
So simple and so fun!