Birthday Cake Scones
(adapted from Evil Shenanigans)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line baking sheet with parchment paper
2 cups flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup Birthday Cake m&m's chocolate candies
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons rainbow jimmies (sprinkles), divided
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon cake batter flavoring
1 egg, beaten
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl bowl.
2. Add butter to flour mixture and blend in with fingers until pea size.
3. Mix in Birthday Cake m&m's.
4. Add the buttermilk and cake batter flavoring.
5. Mix in until liquid is absorbed.
6. Turn dough out onto your work surface and knead just until it all holds together and form into an 8-inch round disk, about 1-inch thick.
9. Cut into 8 wedges.
10. Brush the egg yolk on the tops of the wedges.
11. Sprinkle tops of the scones with the crystal sugar and the remaining sprinkles.
12. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I'm Lovin' it Party
Link Party Palooza