I bought a new Christmas kitchen towel at World market a couple of weeks ago, solely because it was cookie inspiration the minute I saw it!
The towel's graphics feature kids' letters to Santa with iconic Christmas decorations, such as candy canes, colored lights, and Christmas trees.
I knew right away it would translate into an easy and adorable cookie!
All it took was rectangular cookies, white royal icing and food markers.
It would definitely be a fun cookie craft for kids. They'd be able to write their wish list on the cookie and leave it for Santa, along with a glass of milk, on Christmas eve.
Letters to Santa Cookies
Rectangle cookie cutter
Various food markers
1. Roll out sugar cookie dough about 3/8-inch thick.
2. Use spatula to transfer to a baking sheet.
3. Place baking sheets in freezer for about 10 minutes to help cookies hold their shape.
3. Let cookies cool.
4. Using a decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip, outline and fill in the cookie with the untinted royal icing.
5. Let royal icing dry overnight.
6. Using the food safe markers, compose letters to Santa, adding small decorations too.
7. Add lines to the letter if you'd like. (I added the lines (freehand) after I wrote the letter, but of course you can add the lines first if you'd like, or leave the them off altogether.