Well, I finally got around to posting these little fellas. You have probably seen
many a bazillion versions of the melting snowman cookie, right? He is very popular, and rightly so! Well, did you know that the original "Mr. Melty", his proper name, was created way back in 2008 by Meaghan Mountford, The Decorated Cookie? Click on the link to read all about it.
This is a simpler version, since it utilizes mini marshmallows for the heads and food markers for the arms. The cookie cutter is just a 1.5-inch round cutter and then the "melted snow" is applied freehand.
I had so much fun making these little guys, and they came together quickly!
I think they ended up pretty darn cute!
I love minis!
There aren't any snowmen in my neighborhood, because that would require snow, haha, and we don't have snow in my neck of the woods. Cookies, however, are plentiful here...
...even snowmen cookies! :-)
Mini Melting Snowmen Cookies
1.5-inch round cookie cutter
Black food marker
Orange edible marker
1. Roll out sugar cookie dough about 3/8-inch thick.
2. Use a 1.5-inch round cutter and cut out circles from dough.
3. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake according to recipe.
4. While the cookies bake, use the black edible marker to make the eyes and mouth of the snowmen and the orange marker for the nose.
5. After cookies cool, fill a pastry bag (fitted with a #2 tip) with untinted royal icing and free form the icing on each cookie to look like melted snow.
6. While the icing is still wet, place the head and the confetti sprinkles (buttons) on the icing (I used tweezers-for food only-to do this).
7. Allow cookies to dry overnight.
8. Use the black food marker to make arms on the snowmen.