I have been meaning to make sugar cookie truffle pops for quite awhile and since I had some leftover, plain sugar cookies, it was the perfect time to get to it. :)
These sugar cookie candy melts were saved for just such an occasion.
With my leftover sugar cookies (saved in the freezer), or store-bought cookies, these sugar cookie truffle pops were ready to eat in no time...
Place the plain cookies into a food processor to grind them up. Transfer the cookie crumbs to a mixing bowl and combine them thoroughly with store-bought (or homemade), vanilla frosting*.
Finally, mix in some sprinkles! :)
*The amount of frosting you use will depend on how many cookies you used. Combine ground up cookies with frosting until the mixture is workable (to shape), but not sticky.
Shape the mixture into round, disc cookie shapes and place them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
After the freezer:
1. Insert cookie sticks about half way into the truffle pops.
2. Melt candy according to pkg. directions.
3. Holding by the stick, dip each pop into the melted candy until covered.
4. Sprinkle with jimmies (or other types of sprinkles) while wet.
5. Insert sticks into a styrofoam block (or set on wax paper) until the pops are dry . It doesn't take them long to dry! :)
These are very festive, fun and yummy!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!